• Government/ Corporate/ Islamic & Halal industry & Islamic Institutional Merchants
Souqa Fintech is merchant acquirer in digital payments, facilitating payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities in Malaysia . Our mission is to create a shariah compliant digital payment ecosystem for the Islamic and halal economy through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Souqa Fintech , you join a culture of purpose and integrity– where your growth and profitability is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that ethical economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on millions of people around Malaysia– helping unlock financial access to enable the future of halal money .
The Manager of MSA – Kuala Lumpur will be responsible for generating leads, building merchant base and increasing transaction volume and value for government, corporate and Islamic institutional Merchant Sales in the Malaysian market. The role holder will be responsible for progressing both digital and traditional acceptance while working with Acquirers, Payment Service Providers / Payment Facilitators (PSP / PF), Local Strategic Merchants and other stakeholders like vendors,m among others. This is an individual contributor role and reports to CEO . The position will be responsible for managing annual revenue goal exceeding MYR 300 million and 40 plus relationships key in the government, corporate and Islamic institutional market segment .
The role will influence Souqa Fintech business by:
• Positioning Souqa Fintech as the Islamic payment industry leader and thought leader amongst clients, partners and peers.
• Expanding access by driving the increase of Merchant Sales Volume (MSV) and revenues. (additional acceptance locations, increased credit card , debit card , FPX , RPP , recurring payments, BNPL and ewallet usage, and additional processing volume via PayHalal , Increasing and driving eCom use via PayHalal and Halal Kitty QR pay and sales of relevant Value Added Services).
• Working closely with CEO and functional teams to develop MS&A business plans and Implement.
Principle Responsibilities / Key Result Areas:
• Deliver the annual MSA business plan for the government, corporate and Islamic institutional market
• Engaging pre-agreed set of key clients via account management plans, quarterly reviews and annual client satisfaction surveys
• Influencing and growing card payments in existing and new spend categories
• Relationship lead for key merchant relationships in the market (government, corporate and Islamic institutional )
• Developing non-traditional channels like Digital (contactless, eCom, Wallets) and segments like Government / Bill Payment / Halal Fast Food / Halal Wholesale market / Utilities / Schools / Healthcare etc.
• Targeting Cash pools via PayHalal , myDebit Cash Out solution oriented approach – example: opening up sectors like Zakat, Islamic Philanthropic Giving , Takaful Insurance, Government merchants, Customs and any other hold outs.
• Drive Business Development in influencing Acquiring Banks and/ or Payment Processors to lead the charge in new areas of acceptance.
• Play the role of a Functional Expert within the country team with information, tools, and best practices.
• Be a key influencer in driving the Souqa Fintech / PayHalal strategy on IRF, Pricing and Compliance for Acquirers.
Strategic Nature, Management Accountability, & Scope
• Develop and implement strategies to grow acceptance and spend from existing and new spend categories.
• Facilitate the development of marketing and promotional activity with key acquiring / merchant relationships.
• Facilitate the coming together of new technology & solutions (Example: Tap to Phone, Acceptance in Cloud, PayHalal, HalalKitty QRPay, B2B, Recurring Payments,Tokenization) and traditional acquirers to launch new acceptance initiatives.
• Play a lead role and take ownership for merchant and acceptance related matters while working with clients, key merchants.
Decision Making and Complexity
• Key influencer in market related decisions
• Decisions impact the implementation of plans and achievement of MSA objectives for the Saudi market
• Works independently with guidance in only the more complex situations.
• Must have the maturity to work well within a matrix management.
• Expanding access across existing and new sectors – total count of Merchant outlets.
• Growth in PCE penetration and Contactless penetration
• Open up new acceptance sectors and hold outs.
• Facilitating the introduction, implementation commercialisation of new solutions / technology: e-Commerce/ QRPay, RPP / Tap 2 Phone
• This position will involve frequent interaction with key Souqa Fintech stakeholders, including financial institutions, processors, the Central Bank, acquirers, merchants, etc.
• The candidate will be required to interact effectively with various levels of staff and management within Souqa Fintech . Will interact closely with Country Managers and Functional Heads / colleagues, as well as others from the wider teams.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required to address on-going needs of a complex, matrix organization.
• Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management skills are essential including the ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Payments – Traditional, Digital Acquiring, eCom Expertise
• Analytics – understanding government, corporate and Islamic institutional merchant payments and business models
• Presentation and Influencing skills
• Team work, collaboration
• Negotiation and sales skills
• Strategic planning, analytical thinking
• Ability to understand financial concepts
• Professional Degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience
• Understanding of Credit and Debit Cards , ewallet, BNPL, FPX & RPP business or related Payments Industry experience
• Understanding of Merchant Acquiring business.
• Financial Transaction processing knowledge
• Knowledge of ePayment and processing
• Microsoft office tools e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word etc
• Significant experience in the merchant acquiring or related industry
• General Finance and Accounting
• Business Negotiations skills
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal Bahasa Malaysia and English language skills and ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations
• Ability to work independently and engage multiple levels of management in key decisions where required for the business
• Flexibility to travel around the region and internationally as required
Souqa Fintech is committed to fair and equal employment opportunities, regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. However, the company will also take into account local laws and Shariah guidelines concerning individuals with criminal histories when considering qualified applicants for employment.
Email CV to email@example.com